Ken Hagler's Résumé
- Seven years of Quality Assurance experience.
- Twelve years of Configuration Management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Macintosh Operating System and software.
- Knowledge of eight computer programming languages.
- References available on request.
Quality Assurance Engineer
July 2021 to present
Wrote automated tests for third party websites.
Integrity Digital Solutions
December 2016 to November 2017
Integrated Integrity EMR with third-party web portal. Made requested improvements to Integrity EMR user interface.
- Wrote Patient Portal Transport micro-service to handle communication between Integrity EMR and third party portal via REST API using Groovy and Ratpack.
- Modified Integrity EMR’s Grails backend to communicate with the Patient Portal Transport micro-service.
- Wrote Java code to create and modify various Google Web Toolkit widgets for Integrity EMR’s front end.
Maps Data Test Engineer
August 2015 to November 2015
Wrote check code in Groovy to verify the correctness of map data. Analyzed failures found by the checks to determine exactly what was wrong. Assisted other developers with learning Groovy and advised them on writing efficient code.
- Wrote dozens of new checks.
- Rewrote dozens of existing checks, reducing their length by at least half while greatly improving readability and fixing checks that weren’t functioning correctly.
- Wrote Groovy class to reproduce the API of a class that was available on the server where checks ran in order to assist in debugging while writing checks.
Configuration Management Engineer
November 2002 to June 2015
Responsible for building Mac OS, OS X, Windows, Android, Palm OS, PocketPC, Linux, and Java projects. Created c m build scripts for new builds, and maintained scripts for existing builds. Educated development teams in c m processes and the use of version control and automated build systems. Produced c ds and c d images for product groups on request.
- Responsible for over five hundred builds.
- Created object oriented build system to simplify creation and maintenance of c m build scripts.
- Created tool to automate code signing with a cross-platform (Windows, Mac, and Linux) front end.
- Created tool to automate creation of hybrid i s o images.
- Created tool to trigger continuous integration builds.
- Assisted with administration of Perforce, BuildForge, Jenkins, and Confluence servers.
- Created and maintained v m templates for Mac, Windows, and Linux virtual build machines.
Associate s q a Engineer
May 1999 to October 2002
Tested Macintosh, Palm OS, and PocketPC products, reporting any bugs found. Wrote web interface to internal bug and test case tracking database.
- Tested Norton AntiVirus, Norton Utilities, Norton SystemWorks, and Norton Personal Firewall on the Macintosh.
- Tested Symantec AntiVirus for Palm on the Palm OS, and Symantec AntiVirus for Handhelds on Palm OS and PocketPC.
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
Reviewed REALbasic: The Definitive Guide for accuracy. Reported on errors in code samples and text.
August 1998 to April 1999
Maintained the Frontier c g i scripts that run the Workbook web site. Wrote new scripts to add capabilities to web site. Wrote various utility scripts as needed to automate processes. Created new databases. Assisted in maintaining web, mail, list, database, and file servers. Assisted in mastering of hybrid c d s.
- Created a Filemaker-based database system to handle the Workbook's stock photography business.
- Rewrote web site registration system, resulting in a substantial increase in speed and reliability.
- Overhauled web site interface and functionality.
- Participated in the design of an x m l-based image description language for the Picture Agency Council of America and wrote the preliminary d t d.
Macintosh System Administrator and q a Engineer
November 1996 to July 1998
Set up and maintained Mac-based servers. Organized and maintained the q a Mac Lab. Assisted the Lead Testers in organizing tests of Mac products. Organized and carried out compatibility testing. Assisted in product testing when needed.
- Created installer for the Macintosh version of Diablo.
- Set up and maintained web server for internal Tech Support and q a use.
- Designed and implemented Tech Support solutions database, to be accessible via web server.
- Created computer configuration database and system for automatically creating web pages from database records.
Macintosh Lab Coordinator and Quality Assurance Engineer
Davidson & Associates, Inc.
August 1995 to November 1996
Maintained and improved the operation of the q a Mac Lab. Tested software under development, finding and reporting all bugs found.
- Designed and implemented automated processes using Frontier and AppleScript.
- Designed and implemented system for automated testing of products using Frontier and PreFab Player.
- Created and maintained the q a Department’s page on company intranet.
- Reformated and maintained Mac Lab systems when needed.
- Provided assistance and instruction for testers in the Mac Lab.
- q a Suite
- A set of Frontier scripts and code resources for generating and comparing file checksums. Used to verify c ds in multimedia software development.
- Coauthored, with Preston Holmes. Added support for Claris Emailer 2.0, along with various bug fixes and enhancements.
- Simple suite for extracting fat page data into conventional Frontier object files.
- A translator for converting dot-head files into Frontier objects for rendering as h t m l files.
- The Blob
- A Filemaker Pro database system for tracking images in a stock photography business. Created for internal use by The Workbook.
- An application for managing user registration on a web site with multiple servers. Created for internal use by The Workbook.
- Forest Giant
- Co-authored, with Jay Arrera and Paul Lin. A Filemaker Pro database with web interface for tracking bug reports, test cases, and project status. Wrote the web interface used by groups outside of Santa Monica.
- A tool for automation of code signing requests. Uses a Python script to handle the signing, with a cross-platform application to create the requests.
- Build System
- A Python class to standardize c m build scripts, greatly simplifying their creation and maintenance.
- A Python script for generating any number of hybrid c d images based on configurations specified in a file.
- c i Monitor
- A Python tool for triggering continuous integration builds, used to get around limitations in early versions of the Perforce plugin for Jenkins.
- Sound Money Prices
- A Xojo application to amount of gold and silver coins and Bitcoin that match a price in various widely used fiat currencies.
- Eye Reach Account Tool
- A Xojo application for creating and keeping track of Eye Reach Portal accounts.
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Major – Computer Information Systems, 1991–1993
- Riverside Community College – Riverside, California
- Major – Computer Information Systems, 1988–1991
- Experience with Perforce and Git version control software, BuildForge and Jenkins build automation software, and VMware vSphere virtualization software.
- Experience operating Mac file, ftp, web, database, domain name, mail, and Jabber/x m p p servers.
- Can program in Python, Ruby, Xojo, AppleScript, Groovy, Perl, UserTalk, and Java.
- Experience scripting Macintosh applications.
- Familiar with a wide variety of Macintosh, Windows, and Linux applications and Internet technologies.
- Licensed Amateur Radio operator, General class (KI6HQT)